Sunday, January 25, 2009

Can I Get a New Stove in 2009?

The good news is that I have a Jenn Air stove that has lasted almost 20 years. The bad news is that I have a Jenn Air stove that has lasted almost 20 years.

I want a new stove, but my practical husband says that we should not buy a new stove until the old one no longer works. I don't think my current stove is going down anytime soon. My husband also pointed out that the number of times that I cook in any given week has dramatically dropped over the last few years; so a new stove should not be a priority on our long wish list of purchases for our home. While I cannot deny that I don't cook very often now, I bet I would with the stove of my dreams.

I want a new stove with a double oven and gas burners. Every Sunday I look at the pull-out ads included with the newspaper to monitor the cost of my coveted stove. The price has steadily been increasing since I started my price monitoring project. I am afraid if we wait too long, we won't be able to afford the type of stove I want.

I think I can change my husband's mind by bribing his stomach. He loves to eat and is always telling someone that I am a great cook. He doesn't have a very discerning tummy, so he may not be the best judge of my cooking skills; but I do love to cook, find it relaxing and love to try new recipes.

Here's my strategy: I have committed to cooking more. I figure when my husband's stomach is happy on a regular basis, he will not be able to be practical, at least on this topic, and will one day say, "Yes honey, I agree. We should buy you the stove of your dreams and let's do it today."

Keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't wait for him to come around. You know what's best... go get that stove! He'll thank you after the first batch of (store bought mix) brownies :)

    ReplyDelete